Friday, October 5, 2007

Autumn

As the day's light fades into lingering nights, Autumn is a time to cocoon at home and focus on family and friends, the cooler afternoons turning into crisp, chilly evenings compels one to get cozy, pulling out nubby throws, to lay across the sofa's arm, taking down fuzzy blankets to spread across the beds. As Autumn falls gently down around me I crave thick stews and hearty casseroles. Being from New Orleans I desire gumbo deluged with shrimp, crabs, and thick chunks of smoky, andouille. aahh, mmhh, good. Being a mother I take on the task of covering my children's head and hands with hand crocheted hats and mittens by choosing a simple pattern and luxe, soft yarn. At the bookstore I browse through bestsellers to find the perfect, engrossing novel to read with my significant other by the fire in the waning evening hours before it's time to go to bed. Autumn is the season when I turn inward to home to nest with my family.

No comments: